“We entered into a business relationship with Odyssey Comp Partners at a critical point in our business. Their execution moved us to profitability”
M.B – Administrator
A southern MN Senior Living facility had 37 claims, totaling nearly $500 million, within a four-year period. The majority of the injuries consisted of back and shoulder strains consistent with resident transfers. Claims resulted in multiple lost days away from work and large lost time claims dollars.
The facilities experience mod soared from 1.04 to 2.12 causing premiums to rise from $110,000 to $495,000. The large premium increase caused a major budget shortfall and crisis.
Odyssey Comp Partners was hired in August of 2013 and immediately completed an assessment of the facilities safety and claims management practices. A service plan was constructed with the administrator and management team. This program included:
- Employee training as to their responsibilities if injured.
- Supervisor training on how to manage injured employees.
- Implemented proprietary Injury Management Action Plan (IMAP) for internal personnel.
- Medical clinic partnership formed
- Claims management strategies centered around early intervention response from staff nurses and doctors.
A strong dedication to safety by facility management, Coupled with our post-injury management expertise, significantly impacted this facilities workers’ compensation loss history. Here are some of the metrics:
- Reduced workers compensation losses from $125,000 per year to $18,000 per year
- Reduced frequency of lost time claims from 7 per year average to 1.
- Reduced experience mod from 2.12 to .84
- Reduced premiums from $475,000 annually to $94,000.